Policies & Procedures
BILLING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
1. Billing CyclesTPT SpeedConnect bills for regular monthly services on a calendar month basis, (the 1st through the end of month). Billing occurs on the 21st of each month for the coming month.
2. PaymentsPayments for services are due on the 10th day of each month, unless automatic payment is elected. Automatic payments are processed on the 1st of the month (some legacy customer’s payments are processed on the 15th and/or the 25th).
3. Billing Methods and FeesTPT SpeedConnect offers email invoicing and paper invoicing. Fees for each method are as follows:
- Email Invoicing – Free
- Paper Invoicing via USPS – $2.00/month
- ACH Automatic Payment – Free
- Credit/Debit Card Automatic Payment – $1.50/month
- Online Payment (TPT SpeedConnect Portal) – Free (regardless of method)
- Telephone – $5.00 to make a payment over the phone
4. Late FeesCustomers are assessed a late fee of $15.00 for outstanding balances not paid by the 20th of each month. This gives a 10-day grace period for payments arriving through USPS mail (or other means). Any payment received after the 10th is considered late and could be subject to late fees at TPT SpeedConnect discretion.
5. Non-PaymentCustomer accounts with a past due balance are subject to cancellation at TPT SpeedConnect discretion. Without payment of the full past-due balance and other applicable charges, TPT SpeedConnect may schedule a technician to recover equipment owned by TPT SpeedConnect from the customer. Upon disconnect, the customer will be charged for any unrecovered TPT SpeedConnect equipment and early termination fees, when applicable. Unpaid balances will be sent to a third-party collection agency and may be reported to credit bureaus.
6. Service/Payment TermsServices are subscription based, and once billed will remain active until the end of the billing term. Payments are non-refundable, and there are no credits for partially unused service periods. TPT SpeedConnect may offer additional/modified/promotional pricing terms on a case-by-case basis. These modified terms will be listed on signed contracts attached to customer accounts. Accounts without active/signed TPT SpeedConnect contracts are considered month-to-month and are subject to standard billing policies. Previous contracts from entities prior to TPT SpeedConnect may no longer be valid. Bounced/Returned payments made by Paper Check, eCheck, or other Bank Account transaction, regardless of the reason for rejection, are assessed a $25 Returned Payment Fee.
7. Unreturned EquipmentIf TPT SpeedConnect is unable to recover any TPT SpeedConnect-owned equipment when a customer cancels service, is disconnected for non-payment, or for any other reason, the customer will be billed for all such equipment and collection efforts.
- Late Fees: $15.00
- Reconnection Fee: $50.00
- Telephone Payment Fee: $5.00
- Early Termination Fee: $150.00, or $15 per month remaining of your contract terms, whichever is less.
- Transfer of Service: $50.00
- Service Call Fee: $50.00
- Returned Payment Fee: $25.00
- Data Usage (Certain Plans): $3/GB
- Unrecovered Equipment Charges will vary depending on type of equipment at location.
- Prepayment for first month (and install fee if applicable) required to schedule installation.
- Customers that receive any type of credit/bill adjustment (service, data, or otherwise) will be responsible for reimbursement of the full amount of the credit if service is cancelled within six months from the date that the credit was issued, subject to TPT SpeedConnect discretion, and will be re-applied to the final invoice.